Thief makes off with $9K worth of day school items | News
CONWAY, Ark. (KTHV) -- A suspect is still at large after burglarizing Faulkner County Day School in Conway early Sunday.
The school helps developmentally disabled children.
Three computers were stolen along with a large air compressor, battery charger and numerous electronics. The suspect also left the refrigerator and freezer open, ruining all the food.
The suspect, who was captured on surveillance, apparently stayed in the in the building for an hour.
"The thing that is so frustrating is that he took money that would have been spent on children in daycare because of developmental delays," says Ruth Castleberry, executive director of the day school.
Teacher and day school parent Krystal Moore says she's still upset over the news somebody stole laptops, a projector, and Wal-mart gift cards intended for school supplies.
"I think that's wrong and heartless for somebody to come in here to our facility when we work so hard," says Moore.
THV's Pam Baccam is following the story and will have more on "Today's THV at 6:00" and todaysthv.com.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival