Preview of tax delinquent land sale | News
"In the past yes they were investors they were people who understood the system," said Arkansas Commissioner of Land John Thurston.
Commissioner Thurston said his department has added readily accessible information on their website for the average citizen.
In all the commissioner's office said more than 500 Pulaski County properties are on the list, 40,000 across the state of Arkansas.
You can find a complete list online of the properties. Commissioner Thurston said not all liens go away in the tax sale.
"Municipal liens and improvement districts will typically carry over to the new owner," said Commissioner Thurston.
He said the original owner has up to one year to contest the sale.
"The main reason a sale can be overturned is if it has an incomplete legal, it's been double accessed or we didn't properly notify the original land owners," said Commissioner Thurston.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR