UCA building back open after evacuation | News
CONWAY, Ark. (AP) - A building at the University of Central Arkansas is back open after being evacuated and 11 people were treated at a local hospital.
Five students, five UCA police officers and a paramedic were treated for nausea Thursday after Burdick Hall was evacuated when students fell ill during a class at about 10:45 a.m. No serious injuries were reported.
The Fire Department and an Air quality company inspected the building last night & again this morning, and say the air quality is now fine. They, however, don't know what caused the oxygen levels in the building to dip yesterday. They will continue to monitor the situation.
Health and science and liberal arts classes are held in the building - which also houses the university's information technology department.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Security issues at Burns Park in North Little Rock
- 'Disney on Ice' headed for Verizon Arena in May
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.