Songwriting competition accepting submissions | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (Oct. 27, 2012) - Blackbird Academy in Conway is dedicated to nurturing young artists in music, dance, filmmakers, acting, writing, visual arts, and even sewing.
To continue it's mission, the academy has come up with a novel idea for a fundraiser -- a songwriting competition.
From now till November 1st, songwriters in ten different genres are asked to submit their compositions along with a $35 entry fee in the Alchemy Songwriting Competition.
The ten genres are rock/alternatigve, R&B, pop, folk, country, hip hop, gospel/Christian, instrumental, jazz and other.
The top 10 overall winners will perform live for the judges at the Alchemy Songwriting Showcase on Friday, December 7th at The Brick Room in Conway's Downtown Ford Theater. Guest judges will give live feedback and choose the grand prize winner at the end of the evening.
Grand prize is a trip to Los Angeles and a recording session with chart topping producer Tim Pagnotta.
The judges are Mary Steenburgen (Academy Award winning actress and Universal Publishing songwriter), Andy Davis (Founder of the Music Empowers Foundation), and Treva Blomquist (Riverbluff Performing Songwriter Grand Prize Winner.)
100% of the proceeds will go to benefit Blackbird Academy of Arts.
Click here for a complete list of rules and regulations. All entries must be postmarked by or submitted via email on or before midnight (Central Standard Time) on November 1st.
(Source: Blackbird Academy / Alchemy Songwriting Compeition)
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park