Former UCA president arraignment scheduled | News
CONWAY, Ark. (KTHV) -- The former president of University of Central Arkansas will be in court for arraignment on a misdemeanor charge in Faulkner County Circuit Court Nov. 19.
Allen Meadors is charged with one count of solicitation of tampering with a public record. He allegedly asked a UCA employee to get rid of a letter from Aramark, a UCA food vendor. The letter said the company would give the school $700,000 as a donation to help renovate the president's house if the school renewed the vendor's contract for seven years.
Meadors' attorney says he plans to enter a not guilty plea. Meadors resigned last year.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR