Walmart to hire 50,000 workers for holiday season | News
NEW YORK (AP) - Walmart Stores Inc. says it expects to hire more than 50,000 temporary employees this holiday season and will be offering more hours to its existing workers.
(Photo Gallery: 5 Things to know to land a seasonal job)
The world's largest retailer, based in Bentonville, Ark., says that this year's holiday hiring will be up slightly from last year, although it declined to give a precise figure for the increase. The discounter operates more than 4,000 stores in the U.S. and employs about 1.4 million people nationwide.
Walmart's announcement Friday follows one by Kohl's earlier this week indicating its stores will be hiring more than 52,700 people, up more than 10 percent from last year.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival