Bikers for Babies online registration now open for Sept. 15 ride | News
CONWAY, Ark. (September 8, 2012) - For decades, the March of Dimes has been protecting the health of babies. But with thousands of babies born too soon or very sick every day, their work is far from over.
This year, more than 35,000 people will participate in March of Dimes Bikers for Babies rides across the country. The Arkansas Bikers for Babies event will be next Saturday, September 15.
Over a 1,000 motorcyclists will ride in from all over Arkansas. The event will begin at Toad Suck Park in Conway and then will parade down a 50 mile scenic route to the Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock.
Once at the Clinton Center, there will be a celebration of food, music , and more. Registration opens at 9 a.m. with bikes heading out at 10:30 a.m. Activites at the Clinton Center will begin at noon.
You can register for the event by clicking here. Cost is $30 per rider if you register online and $35 if you register day of event.
THV's Matt Burham sat down with Megan Spears and Natalie Hedrick with the Arkansas Chapter of March of Dimes to learn more about the event. Click on the THVideo!
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park