Authorities investigating homicide of Faulkner Co. man | News
FAULKNER COUNTY, Ark. (KTHV) - Authorities are investigating the homicide of a Faulkner County man.
The story began when a man contacted officers at 5:30 Monday morning about receiving a strange text message from his son's girlfriend.
The father went to his son's home on Highway 25 in Guy to find no cars in the driveway and a broken latch on the front door.
Faulkner County sheriff's deputies arrived and found the man's son in a bathtub, dead from a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Maj. Andy Shock with the sheriff's department says authorities found the girlfriend in a field behind East Side Elementary School in Greenbrier.
"She was a little bit incoherent, she had some minor injuries. At this point -- it's so early we're not able to say factually because we just don't know," says Maj. Shock.
With little information at this point, no identities are being released.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival