Authorities investigating homicide of Faulkner Co. man | News
FAULKNER COUNTY, Ark. (KTHV) - Authorities are investigating the homicide of a Faulkner County man.
The story began when a man contacted officers at 5:30 Monday morning about receiving a strange text message from his son's girlfriend.
The father went to his son's home on Highway 25 in Guy to find no cars in the driveway and a broken latch on the front door.
Faulkner County sheriff's deputies arrived and found the man's son in a bathtub, dead from a single gunshot wound to the chest.
Maj. Andy Shock with the sheriff's department says authorities found the girlfriend in a field behind East Side Elementary School in Greenbrier.
"She was a little bit incoherent, she had some minor injuries. At this point -- it's so early we're not able to say factually because we just don't know," says Maj. Shock.
With little information at this point, no identities are being released.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park
- North Little Rock, Fort Roots site selected for new state Veterans Home