U.S. Rep. Tim Griffin to speak at GOP convention | News
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Arkansas U.S. Rep. Tim Griffin has been selected to speak on the opening day of the Republican National Convention.
Griffin represents the 2nd Congressional District in central Arkansas. He says he's honored and humbled to address the convention, which begins next Monday in Tampa, Fla.
In a statement Monday, Griffin praised Republicans Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan, saying the pair "will change Washington at its core." Griffin serves as Arkansas chairman of the Romney/Ryan campaign.
Convention CEO William Harris says the Arkansas congressman was picked to speak because he represents the future of the party.
Griffin is up for re-election this fall against Democratic challenger Herb Rule.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival
- Second skunk tests positive for rabies in NLR