Deputies investigating fatal hit-and-run of 12-year-old | News
WOOSTER, Ark. (KTHV) -- Deputies are investigating the fatal hit-and-run of a child in Faulkner County.
According to the sheriff's office, a 12-year-old riding a four wheeler was killed in a hit-and-run in Wooster.
We're told the 27-year-old suspect Michael Fowler from Springfield, allegedly intoxicated, was driving a black 1998 Dodge pickup truck with two passengers inside at the time of the crash.
Deputies say one of the passengers forced himself out of the truck after the hit-and-run, and called a relative who called police to tell them that what had happened. Deputies were already on their way to the scene, they say, when they received the call.
Apparently a witness called 911 around 5:30 p.m. to report the hit-and-run on Burgess Lane.
Fowler, we're told, was apprehended in Morrilton by officers around 6:20 p.m. and is being uncooperative. Deputies say he has been taken to a hospital for blood work to determine his blood alcohol level.
We're told formal charges for Fowler are expected in the coming days, but the suspect is currently apprehended on suspicion of DWI and leaving the scene of an accident.
The family of the child has been notified, but authorities say they are withholding the name.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of NLR shooting police officer released
- String of Car Break-Ins in North Little Rock
- Pulaski Tech faculty members worry for their jobs after seeing some of their peers let go by the school's administration. Now the faculty wants a voice in the process. Faculty senators draft a change in the rules of grievance.
- Suspect shot in NLR officer-involved shooting
- Possible explosive found in Burns Park