CONWAY, Ark. (KTHV) – The Faulkner County Sherriff’s Office will be out and about on Halloween to enforce traffic laws and protect children. In addition, they’ll be doing extra patrols at parks, schools, cemeteries, and local businesses to control vandalism.
Drivers are also reminded to use extra caution Thursday night, especially when driving through neighborhoods, due to the increase in pedestrian traffic.
Sheriff Andy Shock said he discourages anyone planning to do any pranks that may get them in trouble with the law.
The sheriff’s office also provided some tips to make sure your family has a safe Halloween:
• Children should trick-or-treat during daylight hours.
• Children should never be allowed to go out alone on Halloween.
• Children should never enter strangers' homes.
• Never invite children into your home.
• Children should never accept rides from strangers.