Small craft advisory lifted | Environment
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - The Army Corps of Engineers has lifted the small craft advisory on the Arkansas River.
Before setting out in a pleasure craft, always check flow conditions. Corps officials urge boaters to always use caution on the river. Wear a life jacket, and never operate a boat while intoxicated. Give commercial towboats an extra wide berth for safety's sake. They are heavier than freight trains and not nearly as maneuverable as pleasure boats. It can take a towboat more than a half mile to stop.
Advisories are issued when flows reach 70,000 cubic feet per second. Currents become swifter and stronger, and large debris is carried downstream.
For daily river information, visit the Corps' Little Rock District Web site at www.swl.usace.army.mil and click the water management button.
Upcoming Events near Conway
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Blake Shelton coming to Verizon Arena this summer
- Packet House Deal Gets Murky; Restaurant For Sale
- A horse pulling a carriage in North Little Rock cause an accident after it was spooked Saturday.
- Noise Alert: Explosives training at Robinson Maneuver Training Center
- 2nd annual River Cities Dragon Boat Festival